- Senior Engineer and Consultant
- OCEL – Offshore & Coastal Engineering Ltd.
- BE (Civil), University of Canterbury
- Intensive Course in Coastal Engineering, Ballarat Institute of Advanced Education
- International Professional Engineer (NZ)
- Member IPENZ
Frank Dennis has extensive experience in civil engineering design and construction. His career experience has focused on harbour works and wharf structures in the marine environment, and the design and construction of bridges and culverts. A significant proportion of Frank’s work has been for contractor clients with whom his practical knowledge and common sense is held in high regard. He has been involved in many projects providing design and construction techniques for permanent and temporary works, and foundation support.
Frank commenced work after graduation with seven years working in Australia and the UK, returning to Christchurch in 1971 to become a senior engineer with R W Morris and Associates Limited. In 1992 Frank became Managing Director of OCEL on its formation. He retired as a director of the company in 1999, and continues as a senior engineer and consultant for the company from his base at Lake Ohau.